Which USB to S/PDIF converter with Metrum Octave?

I'm exploring USB converters to pair with my Metrum Octave, which in turn feeds a Lamm LL2 deluxe and a McIntosh MC275. I read comments suggesting the converter is very important, but equally important is how it interacts with the DAC to be used.

So far my top pick is an Audiophilleo 2 with PurePower. This would also be about the higher end of what I'm willing to spend ($1k).

I read great things about the Off-Ramp, but it's over my budget. Same for Berkeley's converter.

One line that has me intrigued is Bel Canto's. The uLink is $675, but doesn't have a good power supply. What it does have is the fiber optic out, and Steven Stone recently found that connection superior to the others when connecting to a Bel Canto DAC. Anyone tried it with the Octave? Or the REFLink?

Other converters I should consider?

Thank you!
lewinskih01
Hi Lewinski, did you make a choice or had the opportunity to compare them ?

I'm in the same situation than you this is to say I can't decide between audiophilleo (may be +pp) and Ciunas spdif. The problem is that there's so few reviews/comments about Ciunas spdif that I can't make an opinion.
I did buy an Audiophilleo 2 + PurePower and I´m super-happy. Best sound I ever had! A very audible improvement.

There was no way for me to try them side by side, though. I ended up opting for the AP as there were so many good reviews of it, and some very good also when paired with the Octave. For example, member Elberoth had a shootout (posted over at computeraudiophile) and compared this combo and talked about it quite favorably, especially in light of his super DCS setup.

Bottom line, I can't state it's better than the Ciunas, but I can say it's mighty good. Plus it was a pleasure to deal with the owner.

You also have an Octave? Running PC or Mac?