Higher End USB Cables

Anyone tried/compared the newer high-end USB Cables (i.e. Locus Design Polestar or Ridgestreet model)? Curious if they're worth the $300+ price tag, particularly since Locus doesn't offer demo or return policy (can't speak to Ridgestreet). I do know there's differences in the cheap throw-away ones, much like different USB ports on the same computer.
mb9061
Pardales and Mb9061... the RSA USB Poiema is a really good cable, and another 'gonner who probably might read this thread just traded up to the RSA Alethias USB cable... which is quite a statement because of his and other's initial skepticism. If he choses to "testify" (and I hope he does) his insights have been valuable to me as well.

As George Z says, "you'll like what you hear."

:) listening,

Ed
I took delivery of the Poiema cable yesterday. Right out of the bag it's incredible. I liked what the Cryoparts cable does versus the Belkin Pro Gold, but the Poiema is honestly in another class. I'll spare all the cliches on describing the improvement in sound and its characteristics, since results may very based on the system this cable's inserted into, but it is as has been advertised (and it still needs time to settle in).

Pound for pound, I'm beginning to get the impression digital source cables may have as much or more impact than analog ICs and/or power cords.
Mb9061, yuare comparing Cryoparts entry level USB cable with a more expensive Ridge Street Poiema so of course it's gonna outperform. Try comparing Cryoparts higher end cables if you really want to be blown away. These cables are under the Locus Design name, the Polestar(which I haven"t tried), the Axis and the very expensive Nucleus USB cable (I've owned both). While I personally haven't listened to Ridge Street's top line Alethias! cable, I have compared the Poiema! to both the Axis and the Nucleus. Both Locus Design cable offered more refinement and extended frequency range than the Poiema cable which I found to be slightly laid back but by no means was it an inferior cable. Once you've witnessed the differences, it's hard to accept something less. I have no doubts that the more expensive Alethias! cable would have made these comparisons even more interesting. Therefore if you're not willing to spend, by all means don't try these cables out.
BTW, my IC's and SC's in my system are Ridge Street Poiema!!! and I love these cables as much as I love the Locus Design Nucleus cable (and previously the Axis). ANY of these higher priced USB cables are well worth the price IN MY OPINION when compared to cables like Belkin Gold OR Kimber,,, both of which sit in my closet. ;)

Robin
Color me skeptical - but I just put a Locus Polestar in my rig and the difference is dramatic.

This is the proverbial window wiped clean kind of change - best I can figure is that Lee and his buddies have managed to eliminate a whole lot of trash and grunge in the mids and upper regions. The effect is much more detail, more air and as a result a much more layered and nuanced presentation.

The reason I find this so surprising is that the Polestar is attached to my battery powered Opticis fiber cable - there is obviously much more to this design then just isolating the 5v lines coming from the USB port on the computeer.

And to think I was a data is data guy...