How do I bypass KMixer in Windows XP

Guys;

I have searched the threads and still have been unable to determine how I can set up my external USB Dac to receive a USB feed out of Windows XP WITHOUT the signal passing thru KMixer.

I'm struggling to figure out if there's a fairly easy way to do this, or if a move to Vista- or a MAC- is the way to proceed.

Your direction is appreciated!
danlib1
Steve Nugent is the man as usual !

Thanks from me for helping de-map my K-Mixer, works like a charm, and of course it sounds better !
Does unmapping the device the way Steve suggests prevent windows from making sounds (beeps, alarms, notifications, etc)?
Nnyc - no, you must select "no sounds" in the Windows preferences. Go to sounds and audio devices etc. in control panel.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
No, it did not on my PC, I already experimented with your question.

Control panel > Sounds, speech and audio devices > Change the sound scheme >
The first bar has windows default option and no sounds, you can choose from there and save.

Or, you can select individual sound options from the box near the bottom.
I fully admit I am no PC wiz but I tried following the instructions step by step and lost all sound from my computer. I couldn't get it back, my computer guru couldn't get back, and I ended up having to dump and reload XP. It was a long and costly venture that I am afraid to try again. I hooked up a USB DAC and am going to live with it as is.