How is Windows Vista?

Has anyone played with Windows Vista beta version? Is the Audio setup superior to XP? Does it still have k-mixer problem?

I have been thinking about buying a new PC to support multi-media feature and 200gig of Apple lossless files, but wondering if I want to wait until next Feb. I can't change to Mac mainly because of misc other reasons.

Using iTune and ipod exclusively.
ejliu
Doesn't SP1 comes out about 1 year after initial release? That means I have to wait almost until Christmas 07.

I actually had the first version of XP. It really was not that bad.
Rlwainwright: thanx for that nice little compliment! No, I'm not dense as you pleased yourself to name it but there's sometimes a need for just a little push into some direction, esp. since Ejiliu posted he would use iTunes and iPod exclusively.
The reason for not switching is because
1) Job requirement
2) Large amount of application already purchased
3) My wife said so. (most important reason)
I have a RC1 upgraded to the final Vista version and it is compatible with Slimserver/Squeezebox/EAC/FLAC (copy flac.exe to the EAC folder)/Mp3tag. I have not tried the room correction yet, but my Chaintech sound card works well with Vista's own drivers and sounds better than in XP via my headphone system. Vista is also compatible with older hardware and software (see compatibility list).