Any info on sqeezebox slim devices?

It seems pretty simple to hookup. Go from PC to sqeezebox to preamp. You can go wireless or hookup via ethernet. One question I have is how is the sound quality? I would be ripping on to my hard drive using a lossless compression most likely Flac. Would the sound quality be equal to that of a high end CD Player, or equal to that of an IPOD, or somewhere in between. This seems a little better than the Sonis system being it lets you use your home stereo to listen to your music. It seems reasonably priced as well.
bodine
I have a Bolder cable modded Squeezebox2. I have the complete analog and digital mod included the gen2 and platinum sonocaps. I also have the Bolder cable deluxe power supply. The source is WMA lossless and I have it hooked into my Anthem AVM30 using both the analog and digital connections. The sound is so good that I sold my Consonance SACD2.2 CD/SACD player. I love the convenience of having a huge selection (1200+ and counting) of CD's at my fingertips. In addition, I use a wireless PDA to control the Squeezebox and search through my CD's. I'm never going back to a single CD player again.

Also, using softsqueeze, I can listen to my CD's on other computers around the house (mix of PC's and Macs).

I've been contemplating the purchase of a Buffalo Terrestation NAS so I won't have to turn on my PC when I want to listen to music. I build myself a new computer every February, so maybe I'll just leave this computer as the music server.

BTW-my morning routine is to rip about 6 CD's while I read my newspapers online. Eventually, I'll have my entire collection on the HD.
Prpixel... Can you give us more info on your PDA device? I would love to look at my cd collection on a remote control.
It's just a Dell WinCE PDA with 802.11B wireless built in. I access the handheld skin for slimserver through Internet Explorer on the Dell PDA. Basically, it gives you a PDA formatted version of the same slimserver shell that runs on your PC. You can even pull up album cover art. Telcanto makes another handheld skin that is supposed to be better than the slim skin. I have not gotten around to trying it because I put too much into modding my SB2 and can't afford the $53.00. Just kidding, I just haven't got around to downloading and installing it.
Prpixel, do you rip as an Image + Cue Sheet or as separate tracks? I'm close to buying a SB3 and was of the feeling that an Image rip would be better because it preserves the integrity of the original CD. In cases of many classical and jazz CDs this is important as the gaps are not always silent. But then I heard that Slimserver can play back sequential tracks in a way that "restores" that gap integrity, I'll call it. If that's the case I'd rather do track rips because it would save several steps. I use EAC and it does not place image rips into Genre/Artist/Title subdirectories the way it does for track rips.

Second, what was the decision maker in going with the Bolder mod versus Red Wine?