USB outboard sound card comment

I've reviewed the technical specs for over 20 of these boxes all different brands. Not one of them indicates whether their USB interface is 1.0 or 2.0. Big difference. What's with the "sound card" world?
keis
I have the Waveterminal U24 and am very happy with it. It is a USB 2.0 device but is backwards compatible with USB 1.0. I'm pretty sure most USB2.0 devices are backwards compatible. My Macs are all USB 1 and I've never had any problems streaming audio with them. USB 2.0 has a significantly better data-transfer rate, but in my experience with Mac/Waveterminal/iTunes it makes no difference. If it is not streaming music fast enough you would get pauses in the music.

Marco
I have a TwinDac Plus. It is really an outboard dac, not a soundcard. it has a usb input though. It requires USB 2.
Steve
I just purchased a Firewire version of M-Audio Audiophile. Time will tell. I understand USB 2 has even a better bandwidth then Firewire but I was unable to distinguish which devices are USB 1 or 2.
I also am of the understanding that normal 16/44 CD data rates can be handled just fine with USB1. It's when you get into the 24/96 that having USB2 becomes helpful.