Can I tweak L-R balance by differntial biasing?

My new (to me) Almarro integrated does not have a balance control but my room is slightly asymmetrical. I'm playing a little w speaker toe-in to try to correct this, but I just had another idea. Bias spec is 0.20 volts, with 0.18 volts suggested as a minimum which will reduce output slightly but provide more tube life. It seems to me that if I bias the output tube slightly lower on the "louder" side, it might shift the balance slightly toward the side that is biased higher. Does that make any sense???
128x128swampwalker
Al- Thx, after thinking about it more, I began to believe that the approach, which would limit the power output, would not have much effect at typical listening volumes, but I do not have the technical background to be sure.

Rrog- If my integrated amp HAD a balance control, I surely would use it. Re-arranging the furniture is not a viable option, it's OUR living room and my wife has compromised enough by having one end of it full of my gear.

Atmasphere- Well, that pretty much settles it ;-) Missed seeing you in NY this past weekend. I imagine exhibiting in NY must be very $$, but the show could have used another good tube set-up. Too many uber-detailed, unmusical, megabuck ss rigs.

All- Sometimes, thinking outside the box is thinking outside reality. Case closed, bad idea. Thx for your help.
I've found that the best way to do accomplish this without a balance control is to move the speakers. You can very accurately, and in whatever incriment you desire, shift the balance just by moving the desired channel either closer or further away. Image is a little shifted right, just move the right speaker 1/2 to an inch further way from you. Try it. You might be surprised how well it works.
I'll tell you what Dennis Had told me: "Move your chair", but that is easier said than done, especially if you don't have a dedicated listening room.
I agree with the Almarg....

Depending on how "desperate" you are I see four possibilities.

1) Try Rrog's ideal of changing your room. (Probably the hardest to do if a relationship is involved).

2) Add a preamp with balance control. (Probably the hardest on the finances).

3) Add a voltage divider network just before the volume control on the channel that you wish to lower. (Probably the most time consuming).

4) Have your integrated modified to have either left and right volume controls or adding a balance pot. (Definitely the most trouble to restore to original operation).
Practically speaking, kiss channel balance goodbye if you want to use bias as a 'balance' control as you've described it. By rendering channels 'unequal' in regards to signal level, all you will accomplish is the destruction of the stereo image, ie: point source imaging, depth, extension, and low level resolution. You will have the exact same issue you started with, only worse, much worse. A balance control is an attenuator, not a signal reduction.