O.C.D. Speaker placement

How o.c.d. are you in speaker placement, and how important is it? I am o.c.d. in many aspects of my life including speaker placement. I've always enjoyed what is known as a formal balance (symmetrical design). So this is my dilemma: I have the distance of my speakers equal, within an 1/8", from the side and back walls, and they are also level side to side and front to back but the distance from the center of my listening position to the tweeters is different by somewhere between 1/2"-3/4". Does this even really matter?
I'm sure I'll get all kinds of jokes towards this question, but whatever. I figure there has to be some other o.c.d. people here considering all of the products aimed towards audiophiles, from footers to cable risers to c.d. and i.c. polishing kits.
128x128b_limo
I have a wife who gave me complete freedom of the lower level of our home.
So I am one of the fortunate few who doesn't have to compromise good sound in order to have a good marriage.

I feel for the poor unfortunates who don't have this luxury and have to share a living room or family room or even worse have to settle for a combined HT/music system.

I can understand why power cords, fuses and speaker placement aren't taken seriously by them.
Use measurments for initial placement but fine tune by ear using a familiar mono recording. Due to room factors, hearing differences, equipment imbalances, etc. you might need to move one or both of the speakers for the image to come into proper focus. In mono, listen for a narrow centralized sound between the speakers.
Maybe it's been mentioned,but placing the audio rack between the speakers can upset all that time and effort you put into fine tuning the speaker placement.
This is especially true for planars and stats,even way back in the 70's Acoustat wrote about this in their set up instructions.Also,they said a reflective wall behind the speakers was better than a soft absorptive surface.

I have followed both of these rules with my Acoustats and they knew what they were talking about back then.

I would like to try some dispersion units behind the speakers which is more in keeping with todays views on stats.