Periodic replacement of Audio Grade Fuses?

I just installed 2 Isoclean Power 24k gold fuses in a pair of Quicksilver mono amps. I am very happy with the results.

The card that came with the fuses stated "Fuses always carry high electric current thereby easily causing metal fatigue. This would then adversely alter the conductivity behavior of the fuse element and hence the performance of the equipment. Under normal conditions, Audio Grade Fuses should be replaced from every 6 to 12 months the longest."

I have had regular Buss fuses in my equipment for many years without need for replacement. It would seem that if the fuse element fatigues enough, that the fuse would blow or fail. At $50 a pop, this would add up. Seems that regular replacement is sales hype and would only benefit the fuse manufacturer. I am not electronically tech savvy.

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks.
hiendmuse
Under normal conditions, Audio Grade Fuses should be replaced from every 6 to 12 months the longest."

LOL!! Don't forget that the cables carrying the signal wear out too. Cables need to be replaced every 12-24 months. ;^)
The life of incadessent light bulbs is a very well understood function. It is the applied voltage to the fifth power. At any given voltage level you can have a very bright light which burns out quickly,or a dim light that lasts a long time.

Did you ever notice the behavior of the red lights at railroad crossings. They run those standard 115 volt bulbs at 90 volts, and, even with many ON/OFF cycles, can expect a life of 100 years. Bulbs made for EXIT signs are also made to last a long time. The landing light bulb in a Piper Cherokee plane is good for less than 100 hours, and the damn things cost about $40 :-(
It's a wonder all those high tension utility lines keep working for years on end. Also, I'd better get my house rewired. It's been almost a year since the last full replacement.
Audiofools will believe anything - why should fuses be any different? Look at a Mapleshade catalog and all the "truths" are exposed as scams (or are they just having some fun with all the "truths"?)

Just do a search on fuses and have a good laugh. Or even yet, break-in of dedicated circiuts. A real laugher.
Maximum Capacity is a RATING not a Challenge

The MOV’s that protect our equipment wear out gradually over time and continual use, yet continue to function in their capacity ... why not fuses

They are both in the AC protection business and function in a similar fashion up to their “Maximum Ratings”

I suspect the difference is Fuses have a much long Half Life than MOV’s do ... similar to the giant stars burning out much faster than the smaller ones

Hot one today ha