Flexy rack threaded rod material

It seems that brass is the universally accepted "best" material for the threaded rods of a flexy rack, but has anyone actually compared brass rod to any other material in a flexy rack in the same room and in the same system? I'm having a little problem shelling out 3x the money for something that is supposed to be better even though no scientific proof exists (or maybe it does, I just haven't found it).
ketchup
If the dollars are there then brass all the way...especially at the ground plane..the floor and shelf. The termination is not all about the material but also the mass and geometry..trilogy as it were. Tom
Cryoing the rods, whether brass or steel, will improve their physical characteristics and performance. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
I need to try that with my endpin designs for cello and bass. Hear the difference right at the original source. No recording or mechanical or optical playback in the way. Geoff who in the Midwest would be a reputable source as a cryo service? Tom
Theaudiotweak,

I bet Geoffkait can help you as I'm sure he probably cryos many of the products that he sells (the Super Intelligent Chip, the Signature Version of the Clever Little Cock, the Brilliant Pebbles, the Tru-Tone Duplex Covers, and the Special Helical Springs, to name a few). I bet every cryo lab in the country knows his name due to the sheer volume of items that he cryos. Mention him and you may even get a discount!
Tom6897: Refreshingly stated reality. (I like this guy already!)

Geoffkait: As expected!