Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
Hi all ! lots of great input here , we all dont have to agree ! To me , listening is a learned skill . Think of it this way...ever seen the show Chasing Classic Cars ? The dude looks at different cars and he sees things we dont see . Steering wheel not original , flaws in paint , etc . He is seeing stuff we would never see ( or notice ). Listening is the same , it is a learned skill , just like anything else . There was a time when I could not hear the difference between Linn and Rotel CD players . I was listening to the highs , the lows , etc . Finally the sales guys says " dont worry about that stuff ..how does the music FEEL ? Learned a lot that day !
>>Audiophilia is about faith and hope, not evidence. :)<<
"To me , listening is a learned skill ."

I think a lot of it is also about training yourself to believe you hear improvements. Making your music sound better is fun and rewarding and it is somewhat based on what happens outside the ears and somewhat based on what happens inside.

If you can continue to 'hear' improvements after you've tweaked all the things that actually improved the sound then it continues the fun part of the hobby. That is certainly everyones privilege.
Hi all ! I gotta kinda disagree here a little Jeff . I think some do "trick" themselves into hearing improvements . Once you have gained the experience on how to listen there is no "tricking". Like they say.....it either is or it aint .