Budget Strategies forTightening up Bass?

My system: Opera Consonance 120 Linear CDP, Extensively modded Jolida 302B, Silverline SR 17.5 monitors. AudioArt Speaker wire. Various IC's. Short of buying a sub, what is biggest bang-for-buck upgrade to tighten bass? Wire? PowerConditioning? ("currently" I have just an upgraded cryo-treated outlet) Better footers? (I have vibrapods and cones). I've got about $350 to spend on this... I know-- that's not much-- maybe my goal and my budget are mutually exclusive. Still, any suggestions would be appreciated!
stuartk
I will explore all suggestions. Although I have only so much flexibility to move speakers, there is some wiggle room. I've e-mailed Alan Yun at Silverline and will get to work experimenting with room treatments and footers first before moving on to wire, amps. Thanks to all!
Not to sound contrarian, I think the sub IS the best bang for the buck (short of repositioning the speakers, if that does the trick) to solve your problem.

There are several great subs in the budget price range by Hsu, PSB, SVS, etc.

Also, I've never found EL34-based amps to ever have extreme control over bass. It's not their strength. But the midrange is usually very good. Work to the amp's strength, and let the sub take care of its weakness.

Just my 2 cents.

Michael
Is your floor a suspended wood floor? Can you get under it?

If yes to both, the biggest thing you can do to improve the bass is to brace the floor.

I have two 12' long 4x4s running front to back, (13' deep room) about 5' apart, perpendicular to the joists, held up by 4 of those height-adjustable basement support posts.

I have since added a layer of 3/4" plywood on top of the original floor (w/ Green glue in between.

Everything I do the the floor makes the sound so much better. I know that I could not have the sound I do now had I not braced the floor. Absolutely essential.

-Mike
Post removed 
See the 'nearfield listening' thread over in speakers.
Vibrapods implicated in bass issue. For better or worse?