This is no joke.

My wife just celebrated her 50th birthday.

I placed two weighted table ornaments with colorful plumes cascading above them on top of my Triangle monitors.

Now, listening to them today for the first time since, they seem to sound better. More transparent and deeper fuller bass.

Very weird. Either somethings going on or I'm losing it.

We'll see.

These ornaments only cost a few bucks. Nice tweak! Very festive looking too!
128x128mapman
I agree with Chrissain. I have added sand to my speaker stands and it made a big difference just as Chrissain stated.
This is what the Totem Beaks, HRS Damping Plates, etc. do, help stablize the cabinet vibrating and/or to keep it from moving.

http://www.magnan.com/tweaks/componentsupport.html

Chuck
Hmm, I understand the benefits of added mass, but these things really do not weigh much, 1 lb at most I would guess. Now I will have to go weigh them.

I'm still leaning towards the theory that what I heard yesterday was more me for whatever reason than the ornaments, but hard to say. Some days things just sound better than others for whatever reason. Who's to say humans hear teh same way day in and day out. Our moods change, so why not our hearing? Very strange....

Rrog, even I can afford that tweak. More details? Do the coins have to protrude in front of the speaker, be flush with the front edge or what? Also what to do with the other two quarters? Or just save them and reduce the tweak down to 70 cents?

I like the sandbag idea also. Would need to work on WAF for that one though. It is my wife's sunroom that these are in currently after all.
@Springnr: If I remember correctly, you prefer pie. As long as there are baked goods, the world is a better place.

Hemp does make for a great driver. The Omegas Hemps are one of my favorite speakers.

;)
It just dawned on me that if these things are really doing something, that yes I could make a fortune. That's tempting. I could use the money!

Unfortunately, I am too cut from the straight mold to even consider selling voodoo.

Maybe I should corner the market on these things now though just in case?