Tweaks

The latest issue of Absolute Sound has a list of 15 or so tweaks that they say are worth doing. I would like to get some feedback from others about 3 of them.

1. Grounding Caps for unused preamp inputs.
2. Equipment anti-vibration devices such as Vibropods.
3. Aligning interconnects and power cords so that they cross at right angles to each other. (This sounds like a very difficult thing to arrange).
frepec
Grounding plugs I will buy, and various vibrations pucks, pads and cones help but crossing interconnects are right angles????? Save your breath. I have some magic dust that changes the humidity and lets your speakers breath with more depth. It costs only $25 per ounce. Email me if interested
As far as the crossing wires/ic's...45deg or greater is fine. Not that it would induce noise but typically it's a good idea to not run audio and video signal cables parallel and neither parallel with power cords. Less gear in rig the easier this is to do. I have some audio and video connects running parallel but they are seperated by a couple feet down the back of my av rack. Where I was more cautious was with my surround spkr cables which are run through attic and cross the electrical lines up there. I think 90 deg would be ideal...but not practical.
I guess some have never heard of Michael Faraday, and his works on electromagnetic induction? GEEZ- talk about BASIC! The magnetic field of a current carrying wire will always be perpendicular to it's length, so- YES, 45 degrees is better than parallel. BUT 90 degrees is better. The field's strength also follows the Inverse Square Law, so it only takes a few inches of separation to majorly lessen induced noise/interference(IF crossing at 90 degrees is not practical).