Copper Sleeve over IEC

There has been several threads on AA about putting a 1 1/2" copper union (coupler) over the IEC on the CD Player, Preamp, Amp.

Well I tried it...

Anyone else give it a try?
128x128ozzy
Since there has not been any response to this thread thus far, I thought I would add some more information in the hopes of catching some AudioGonners attention.

This really is a very good tweak at a very cheap cost.
It was posted on AA along with a video from "You tube" from Marantz on using the copper union on thier CD player's IEC.

The claim is that the power cables are shielded but the IEC ends are plastic and are not shielded.

Well. I tried the 1 1/2" copper sleeve (called a plumbimg union or coupler) on my CD player and it worked great ! You simply slide the copper fitting over the IEC ,then plug the IEC in and slide the copper union up tight to the players chassis.
The highs and bass became more extended and defined and the soundstage images become more precise.

If one sleeve is great, more should be even greater. right?

Well no, too much copper is not a good thing.

I tried another couple of the 1 1/2" copper sleeves on my Preamp and Amp IEC's with not so good results.
Then I tried some 3/4" sleeves on my XLR's not so good.

So, I stuck with just the copper sleeve over the IEC on the CD player.

What I noticed was with the copper sleeves on the Amp and the interconnects was that the sound became deadened.

Perhaps it has to do more with the type of power cable that was used on my Amp (Synergistic Hologram A) and my interconnects (Synergistic Apex, Presicion Ref) that caused the sound to deaden with the copper sleeves.
Or perhaps just the digital is prone to the ill effects of EMI/RF?grounding, I dont know.

But using the copper 1 1/2" sleeve on the digital IEC is in my opinion the best place for these sleeves.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Sounds intriguing. Certainly inexpensive enough to give it a try. I'll let you know how it works on my Bryston BCD1.
I've tried the Stillpoints ERS cloth wrapped around various IEC's in my equipment, serves same function. Sometimes beneficial, other times deadens the sound, not using any in present setup.
Where's the YouTube video ?

I typed in Marantz SA-7S1 per Dr. Phil at Alcoholics Anonymous ..........