Experience with FREDs in a tube amp PS

I'm wondering if anyone in here has installed Fast Recovery Epitaxial Diodes in a tube amp's power supply(specifically- built a full-wave bridge). If so- What differences did you notice? PLEASE NOTE: If you haven't tried it, PLEASE DON'T respond. I'm not asking for opinions; only experiences. Thanx!
rodman99999
I've had a few units that have been upgraded in this fashion.It always seemed to help the amplifiers disappear better,with no drawbacks.Never done it myself,usually done by the manufacturer.
IME in a high-voltage custom full-wave bridge, Cree SiC Schottky surpasses HEXFRED. For low-voltage/high-current filament supply, a ladder of 50V Schottkys sounds better than FRED. In a manufactured 4-pin bridge, IXYS 600V/6.6A SiC Schottky is reportedly good, although expensive.

You will hear across-the-board improvements, but particularly improved dynamics and faster bass.
Transparency and dynamics are what I'm hoping for. I've got a pair of Cary SLM-100s that I'm thinking of tweaking slightly. The B+ right after the rectifier is 488V, and I was thinking of going with an IXYS 1200V bridge to handle turn on surge. I'd love to go with the Schottkys, but- yeah, SALTY! I can get the 600V/6.6A Schottky for about $65.00 ea, which isn't bad. I'm wondering if it would handle the surge though.
To be safe you might try 1200V/10A Cree SiC Schottkys, but depending on power drawn, they might still need heat sinks. Lower voltage/current diodes may be OK if the amp is equipped with a soft-start thermistor on AC. Dennis Had might offer an opinion.