Your combination:AC isolation/condition devices

And power cords. My experimentaion reveals that combining complementary (synergistic) products offers dramatic
refinement-particularly for CD enjoyment and preamps.
One example is the use of an Equitech 2Q balanced transformer with an MIT Z Stablilizer.
I think this is an area that merits our united attention and will effect significant enhancements, far surpassing the use of any one unit or brand. Discussion of the how & why technical factors, i.e. frequency ranges affected, method of the device, could be informative & very interesting if tech savvy members contribute. Hope so.
psacanli
Ngjockey,
"Politely"-- A step down transformer is not a "balanced transformer" and will not achieve the same results.
What do you mean by "very high current requirement"?
Please identify the brand & models you suggest and I will research & post results. Thanks
Any dual core, 480/240-240/120 transformer can be wired (creatively) for balanced AC output because the secondarys are out of phase. Pretty much everything over 1KVA is dual core. If you wire 240V to the 480 primarys(H1-H4), you get +/-60V (referenced to ground) on X1/X4 and connect X2/X3 secondarys. Simple stuff, at least in theory. Transformers can be finnicky. How do you think Equitech got started?

Very high current meant 20A continuous for dual amps, including derating by half for balanced AC output.

The brand I got is GE because this model was fully potted but I have no aversions to any brand, with the possible exception of the Cutler-Hammer aluminum models. Just have to check if it's shielded. It's big and ugly but that's okay in a closet.

Like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/GE-Transformer-5-kVA-5kVA-240-480-120-240-9T21B1004G02_W0QQitemZ370097256785QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370097256785&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
I use an isolation Transformer, then passive parallel filters, then a 193L choke wired into the IEC end of my power cord, to my CDP and my Dac. Great results!!