200-amp Breaker Panel Question

My current 100 amp panel is being replaced tomorrow with a 200-amp panel with a copper bus (along with my meter box outside so that the electric company will then run 200 amp lines to my home rather than the current 100 amp service). I've read conflicting opinions here and in other forums regarding whether your dedicated lines should be on the same phase while also trying to place the noisier appliances (dryer, refrigerator, AC etc,) on the opposite phase. If you have any actual experience with this topic or are an electrician and an audiophile, I would certainly appreciate your input to help me resolve this issue.

I am also planning on having my dedicated lines on the first circuit breakers after the power line enters the breaker panel.

I cleaned the copper bus with CRC and treated it with Caig Pro Gold. Of my six dedicated lines (all of which are home runs), 4 of them are 10 gauge conductors in flexible Greenfield conduit and two of these are for my monoblock amplifiers and will be linked to 30 amp circuit breakers. Finally, for various reasons, neither a sub-panel or second mains panel are options at this time.

Any other suggestions you can think of?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide.
fmpnd
Hi Frank,

Sorry that I am just getting back to you here. You are welcome to give me a call as it would be great to catch up and also share the additional information that I have found out. As always, there are some good aspects and not so good aspects depending on your point of view.

It will be best to call me next Tuesday or after as I am leaving for London this evening. Tally-ho...or something like that! Regards,
Fmpnd,
sounds like you are doing the right thing. The only thing I would change is the 30 amp breakers. 10 Ga wire is correct for 30 amps, but that is a lot of power required to trigger that 30 amp breaker. Your amp could be on fire, and pulling less than the 30 amps, so it would not trip. I would insert a 20 amp breaker in its place. And as you mentioned try to keep your audio circuits all on one phase, while the noiser stuff goes on the other phase. Just be sure you have a balance between the two phases.
Thanks John and Jea48, I will simply leave the 20-amp breakers in that I did install for the amps and return the 30-amp breakers that I ordered.

Bob, have a good trip, talk to you soon.