VH Audio Vcaps

First listening session with Vcaps in Cayin phono stage tonight. Within 15 minutes listening to music rather than analyzing sound.

Its not often I'm blown away by equipment and/or mods, this is an exception! I won't even go into detail on improvements in this post, suffice to say these caps are damn good! And I've heard a lot of caps. For all the modders out there, you've got to try these caps, they have a deservedly high reputation.
sns
Mingles, I've evaluated in various components, the Auricaps, Hovland MusiCaps, Multicap PPMFX, Black Gate Rubycon, and various other cheaper caps. Will soon be evaluating Mundorf Silver/Oils in my DAC.

At this point the V-cap is noticeably superior to the others, price be damned. I don't think the law of diminishing returns holds here. The Mundorfs are supposedly strong competitors to the Vcaps, we shall see.

I have not heard the Russian caps, hear a lot of good things about them, perhaps some day I'll try.

Some interesting info for prospective modders can be found at http://www.high-endaudio.com/ This has some perspective on the why's of modding equipment, also much other valuable information.
I've used them as coupling caps in all my tube gear.

The initial few hours can be a little harsh, as it burns in it gets smoother, and more detailed. Most of the change is the first 100 hours or so, but noticable improvements at 3-400 hours as well.

Its an equivalent improvement to a component change.

Look for Humble Homemade Hifi's cap test for comparison to other well known caps.

John C.
The V-Caps are astounding! I replaced the coupling caps in my BAT VK-75SE and the increase in detail and articulation was just amazing right out of the gate. Yes, they are expensive, but IMHO they are also well worth it.

Cheers,
John
Any opinions on X-over caps....in this case for my Magnepan MG1.6s.......???
Keep in mind I am not rich!
Sns, While some complain that V-Cap TFT sounds awful without long break-in, I agree with you that this point is overstated. IME TFT surpasses most everything else almost immediately, and then progresses though a long break-in cycle to relax, open up, and gain warmth.

Magfan, I'm currently breaking in Claritycap MR in a higher capacitance value for xover. This has been a nice step up from stock Hovland, and according to Tony Gee's evaluation, MR ranks closely with other top xover caps such as Mundorf & Duelund. However they are physically very large.