HiFI Fuses ?

Wow. I got out of this addicting hobby about a year ago. It took a lot but I did it. Still think back sometimes. But the thrill is gone. I am using old crap stuff right now and for the last year. Sold my gear and running Vandersteen 2c and Musical Fidelity electronics. Boring. Fine.
Just got a copy of Music Direct catalog. Now they have advanced HiFi fuses that will improve the sound.
My god I miss this type of stuff. I could have a field day with this type of info here at AG.
Wonder how much they cost :)
scottht
I recently purchased 3 of them, 1 for CDP, 1 for integrated amp & another for Marantz A/V receiver. The most change was in the A/V receiver. More and louder surround effects without having changed any settings, center channel effects & dialogue more focused on center channel, big change in sound quality. Listening to the Club Fever sequence in "Collateral" the gunshots had less punch but sound effects were more detailed and distinct. With "Master and Commander" the first battle's cannon fire changed from sharp booms to dull booms. Soundstage opened up & surround effects more noticeable than with stock Marantz fuse. Both films I listened to in DTS.
My assessment of them mirrors Calgarin5355's. The improvement is subtle and also cummulative. Definitely worth the money.
I put Critical Link Fuses in my GCC100 amp and the improvement was easy to hear - I listened to a cut - then 15 minutes later I listened again with the fuses now in place -a nice improvement, and certainly worth the money. I am dying to put better fuses in my MA1's but have to check with Atma to see which ones are in the path and could provide improvement- there are 6 fuses per chasis- and that could get expensive.
Remember that IsoClean fuses are directional (big difference), cheaper($25@), and in the opinion of me and many who have tested both, sound better.
Ah yes the directionality feature, which might make sense IF the current always flowed in the same direction. Unfortunately AC current changes direction 60 times a second and makes the direction that a so-called 'direction oriented' fuse a moot point.
Its the same principle for speaker cables, the current is AC and therefore direction of cables (except for the grounding or shielding point) does not exist.

Bob P.