Perhaps we should stick with midfi...

I just bought a $60,000 system with big names like krell, Audio Research, Mcintosh, B&W 802 D speakers, Sony SACD, Transparent wires, etc, and I get more enjoyment from my sub $1000 I put together used with ADS speaker, NAD monitor pre amp, Onkyo Integra M-504 power amp, Toshiba SD-9200 DVD player (as CD and DVD).

I am thinking I should have stopped with my midfi system now...

Anyone else have similar sentiments, or is my ear not golden enough to hear the difference yet?
gonglee3
Did you research and try out all these different components to see if they would work together or just haphazardly buy them because of something you read or heard?Equipment has to work in harmony to produce pleasing results.I know it's a trite cliche but,sometimes less is more.
System matching is work and trial and error. It takes time. Maybe this is part of the reason? Almarg is also correct about the nature of a revealing system making poor recordings sound worse.

I also think expectations play a huge role. You don't expect too much from your $1000 system and thus can simply rest in the music. The $60,000 sysem IS ATTACHED TO SIGNIFICANT $$ and has mental stuff tied to it. Hard to just enjoy when perfection is expected. One gets all tied up with performance perfection and enjoyment is lost.
Could be, but we have seen this type of question/comment before and it is interesting and a place some themselves.