Best POP audiophile recording/album...

Famous Blue Raincoat - Jennifer Warnes.

This is one of the best recorded/sounding 'POP' albums out there...

or do you know of one to beat this /one/?

Regards,
Dewald Visser
dewald_visser
I like The Cowboy Junkies "Trinity Sessions" because it not only sounds great but the music is pretty good. Most of these sonic spectaculars have unfortunately bad or boring, or both music. I tend to stay away from Audiophile stuff, but with digital mastering continuing to improve there are better and better versions of great albums coming out all the time now, especially in jazz.
Marco, you got that right with Pop Pop, though I would rate it excellent, not quite good...
Dewald,
Which version of Famous Blue Raincoat - Jennifer Warnes do you have? My version does not sound that great ie: flat & lack in dynamics. I must have a very early version.
BTW, my current vote for the best Pop "audiophile" CD recording is Folk is the New Black - Janis Ian.
http://www.amazon.com/Folk-New-Black-Janis-Ian/dp/B000BYVJRI/sr=8-2/qid=1161114404/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-5474231-3292704?ie=UTF8
For those familar with Janis Ian, IMO this is one of her best to-date, great songwriting/singing & a 1st rate recording as well. At least equal or better than Breaking Silence.
I love Janis Ian, but "great singing?" You can't mean her voice. Maybe her passion?
What's the deal with Jennifer Warnes Blue Raincoat? I have the recording and it is truly audiophile quality. But the choice of material. Uggh, IMHO..
Hey Warrenh,
I have grown to enjoy Janis Ian "great singing", yes I meant her voice as well. She's does not have the "best" voice but again YMMV. If I were to compare Janis to say Jennifer Warnes, they are of a different league as far as I 'm concern. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both singers but if I were to choose, it won't be difficult.
Cheers,