Does it / Do they pass the wife test? Speakers

I am looking for some speakers that can pass the preverbial wife test(if there is such a thing). I had some kef 104/2's (that I really liked by the way) that were "too big". Are there some great sounding monitors/speakers that would fit in the "approved Category"?. Used or new!
mattcone
It depends what your wife likes. If she likes nice hardwoods, find a good speaker with a really nice cabinet in her wood of choice. Try to minimize black screen cloth. My latest speaker selection, Meadowlark Ospreys, was okay with my wife because of their beautiful cherry cabinets. My wife hated my previous beloved Merlin 4+'s and the Vandersteen 2Ci's prior to that. No big black speakers for wifey!
When it comes to equipment/speakers that look as good as they sound, atleast to the female gender, think Italian or French. My JM Lab Mini Utopias have always been well received by women. If you're willing to consider used, the Minis are smaller than your 104.2s and are frequenly listed on Audiogon.
I convinced my wife I found a speaker that not only looks ascetically great but sounds great=non fatiguing.
She said go for it, and now is in love with the Seas Thor's.
Mind you it is s a kit, takes some time to put together. Other wise go for the Tyler's Systems or another of his design's.

Paul
Baton Rouge
It depends entirely on the particular wife. My wife doesn't like small stand-mounted speakers, preferring floor standing speakers. She also doesn't like completely rectangular boxes, regardless of the quality of finish.

I suggest you show your wife LOTS of speakers and find out what appeals.

Kal