Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Post removed 
IMO several reasons contribute to this feeling

1) so many releases make it hard to find the good stuff
2) music in general has become a business and like books (remember them?) once a formula is found you just keep repeating it rather than explore new things and expand
3) producers have taken to compressing the hell out of the songs for mp3, etc.

There is still a lot of good "new" stuff - you just have to sift through a lot of crap to to find em.
I have the same problem, and I don't know if anyone here considers "Rap" music.

After buying a new CD, I discover there's only 1 good cut and I put it up for sale.

Enjoy the old music.
I think a lot of music today sucks... over produced, cookie cutter noise meant to be quickly digested and forgotten about just as quickly. That being said, I also think because of the internet, youtube, facebook, bandcamp, etc there are much more opportunity for some great artists to get their music out to the masses. I spend a few hours each week scouring the internet and trade rags to discover new music. Its really rewarding to find a "diamond in the rough".
There is lots of good new music. Not so much great new complete albums, like ones from the classic rock artists referenced. Recordings are mixed differently to fit the ways most people listen to music these days. "The Times They Are A Changing" is old hat. They have already changed.

Nothing wrong with appreciating old stuff, music, gear, vinyl, tubes etc., but these things are not where it is at these days. Music is actually probably more diverse than ever, incorporating more elements of more styles from around the world than ever before. Good modern hifi gear that does digital well is the ticket. Then all the old stuff is the icing on the cake as needed.

Try breaking old listening habits like looking for good albums to buy. Start a music server put all the music you like or think you might have any chance of liking on it. Think of it like the ultimate jukebox....all the music you like or have interest in at your fingertips. If you do not know what to play or listen to next for whatever reason, let the computer make the selection and enjoy not knowing what might play next. When something wets your fancy, read up on it and seek out similar or like music.

In essence, getting up with the times has a lot to offer, but you have to be willing to explore new waters and break some old habits.