Best overall Stravinski - Rites of Spring...

Which in your opinion is the best overall - performance, sound - vinyl press of this masterpiece?
go4vinyl
Newbee, I remember that record, I think my dad had it. You're right, a tremendous performance. I'll have to look for that and the Mehta, can't have too many good versions of this piece.
I enjoy the RR recording by Eiji Oue and the Minnesota Orch and the Telarc version by Maazel and Cleveland Orch, but I'm glad for the other recommendations.

It's a timely post as I will be hearing the ROS by the Colorado Symphony tomorrow (Saturday), and I have two spare tickets. Anyone interested in attending can e-mail me for the tix...Should be great.
I second Rcprince's and Newbee's recommendations. I would add two recordings that are must-hears. Whenever possible, go to the source. IMO, Columbia's recording with the Columbia Symphony Orchestra with Stravinsky himself conducting is THE ONE if one wants to hear what the composer intended. It is a ferocious and incredibly exciting reading. Not available on vinyl, but for a similarly exciting (scary, at times) reading, Gergiev's recording with the Kirov orchestra is killer.
Right on Frogman.

I purchased this recording of the 'The Rite of Spring' in 1972.

I compare all other versions to this one.

Rich
I second Frogman's suggestion of the Stravinsky recording on Columbia. Also, another great one is Montreal's with Charles Dutoit conducting.