The new Bob Dylan

I think the torche has been passed to the young and super talented
Jake Bugg. (see his debut Jake Bugg)
His voice sounds well worn, his songwriting and production are so strong , that veteran musicians with 25 years on the business would be lucky to produce an album this great. This kid is like 19 years old!! On some songs his youth is used to sound fresh and exciting , while on other tracks he sounds like a fifty year old troubadour . A stunning first album! Take a listen on Spotify or MoG, or buy the cd. I expect a brilliant future for this kid .
toddnkaya
Maybe im just getting old,, I think he writes well.Just does not do much for me.The young kids seem to like what he is doing .
The new Bob Dylan where have I heard that before? Oh,Louden Wainwright John Prine,Steve Goodman etc.etc....You and Jake Bugg are better served to just let him try to be the new and only Jake Bugg.
The latest wannabe, at best.
Dylan could read the paper or watch TV and get ideals and material for his songs. The then current events almost wrote his music for him. He lived in those sort of times.

Just like the great folk and protest singers before him. They had WWll and the great depression. Dylan had Viet Nam and Civil Rights.

Comparing this guy to Dylan is like comparing Eric Clapton to Howlin' Wolf.

Cheers
Rok, we all know that you think there has been no music of note in many decades. So song writers today have nothing to write about? Man, I thought there were still many wars going on, and even some protests happening, and many poeple/groups still fighting for equal treatment.History is ongoing, great music and great bands are still creating, and great art is still being produced. IMHO. If your mind is open to it.
I was comparing Jakes voice,song structure to Bob Dylan.
To me, Jake Bugg is a very talented new artist!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp5cwZrHpgM
I agree with Rok2id. It has very little to do with Dylan while there are plenty of very young interesting artists that can sing similar songs even better IMHO. One of them is Paolo Nutini http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiI8HGTq6d4