Best Metal Vinyl Album

When we think of audiophiles, we do not think of metal. On the other hand, with the resurgance of vinyl, metal seems to be a hot seller. So, give me your top 3 metal vinyl lp. When in doubt what is metal, ask Eddie Trunk.
128x128harris4crna
Just downloaded Accept, Blood of the Nations the other day. Great music. Cannot imagine what it would sound on vinyl or even Hirez. I will be seeing Testament in Seattle live, cannot wait.
I have Black Sabbath 1st album and Vol. 4 on vinyl. Music Hall Turntable and NAD VISO 5 receiver. Image speaker mains.

Early heavy metal is liquid. The mind boggles at the volcanic bubbling of distorted electric guitars. The music vibrates with a violent warbling and soars through studio effects. Ozzy cries out like a demented prisoner chained in a dungeon, his voice sweetly echoing down stone-walled halls.
Oh, I don't know about not thinking about audiophiles. There's a hell of a lot of great music out there, metal included.

Any Opeth vinyl album will blow you completely away. Some of my favorites are Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries, and Still Life. Very, very dynamic, extremely well mixed and recorded.

I pulled out one of my very old Judas Priest albums a few weeks ago, and it was quite a treat. I've got a copy of Hero Hero that includes tracks from Rocka Rolla as well as Sad Wings of Destiny. I think I just might pull that out again tonight!
BP, downloaded Opeth. I must agree they are able to mix great sound with hard ass metal. Sounds great on my Cremonas, thanks. Guess Opeth and Mastadon toured together. What a show that would have been.
Harris4crna: yeah, Opeth did recently run through the US with Mastodon and Ghost.

I went to that show at the Myth here in Minneapolis, and Opeth cancelled because Mikael bashed his head while getting out of the tour bus right before the start of their set. He had to be taken to the hospital ER to get stapled. No show for me.

A few months before that I had meet and greet tickets to see Opeth at First Avenue (also in Minneapolis) when they came through with Katatonia. I made the meet and greet, and talked with all of the current guys for some time. They're very, very cool individuals, all of them. But... I had to leave that show because one of my twins had to be taken to the ER. All I managed to catch was the encore after she was discharged fro the ER (Folklore off Heritage), which was amazing.

The only time I've managed to see an entire Opeth set was their 2008 show at the Myth, in support of the Watershed album. Oh. My. God. was this an amazing show.

All: If you guys are feeling adventurous, check out Porcupine Tree. It's not quite metal, it's Steve Wilson's band. He's done a lot of work with Opeth, and is a freaking perfectionist. Anything he touches is amazing.