New Music Recommendations 2012

We have a wealth of musical wisdom here and it seems many enjoy having an ongoing thread were we can share new music finds with the rest of the forum. Here we go!

If you're enthusiastic about a new album you've picked up feel free to tell us about it. Post, discuss, inform....but be civil:)

No genre limitations, anything goes as we have all sorts of interests here. Classical, Jazz, Indie, Folk, Rap, R&B, Blues, Techno, Ambient, Modern Classical and on and on....post em all..

Let the music play.......
richard_stacy
Would people mind adding a genre tag to their recs? If this thread grows long, as I hope it will, it wd make finding new tunes easier.

Cheers,

John
Some recommendations above for Damien Jurado's latest, I'd like to also mention his 2006 release And Now I Am In Your Shadow (Folk Rock). This for me is a much better record and what he does best. I appreciate the growth and willingness to expand as an artist, Maraqopa is almost progressive rock but his darker, slow and hazy folk stuff is the guys wheelhouse. Not trying to discourage that record, I actually do like it quite a bit.

I've had Where Shall You Take Me for a few years and always love it. I recently got ...Your Shadow and have to say it's his best work. A great record in every way. It's also a real nice recording as are most of his releases.
Ensemble Caprice -- Telemann & The Baroque Gypsies
Various -- Jazz in an R&B Groove, HighNote HCD 6012
Various -- Rhythm Country and Blues
Anne Akiko Meyers -- AIR, The Bach Album

Some are pre-2012, but all are great.
Richard, I have put Your Shadow in my Amazon cart because your 2011 recommendations were so enjoyable once I decided to "listen outside the box" of my historical tastes.

I have really enjoyed music more lately with my new Zu Essence speakers and the collection of 2011 selections.