Choral Music Suggestions

I'm interested in trying some well recorded choral music in SACD, CD or LP format. I listen to baroque and classical music but do not have any experience with choral works. I think I would prefer smaller scale works from the same periods (or even early music) rather than large scale more modern works. Can you help me get started with some suggestions?
dodgealum
Pergolesi is one of my favorite baroque choral composers.
You can find one of his records bellow or you can use different sources.

http://www.gemm.com/item/-/PERGOLESI%2520STABAT%2520MATER%2520LP/GML1447364824/
Run down a copy of "The Tallis Scholars Sing Thomas Tallis" (a 2 CD set on Gimell, Amazon has it new and used).

Tallis was a 16th century English composer who wrote both Catholic and Protestant music (remember Henry VIII) but he has some gorgeous pieces. Excellent recording.
+1 on the Pergolesi Stabat Mater Florilegium. It is terrific on Channel Classics CD (SACD/Redbook/DSD/Surround 5.0)

Also recommend "Rheinberger: Sacred Choral Works", on Chandos (SACD/Redbook/DSD/Multi-channel).

And for something different, withelectronica meshed in, try Paul Schwartz "State of Grace".
I would suggest you pick up the Hyperion SACD of works by Morten Lauridsen, with his Lux Aeterna and O Magnum Mysterium. A contemporary composer with his own musical language, but some of the most moving choral music I have ever heard or sung. You might also want to check out some of the recordings by the smaller English and other choirs such as the Cambridge Singers, The Sixteen, the Tallis Scholars, Chanticleer or the Corydon Singers, among others, they have made a number of recordings of some varied smaller scale choral works from all periods that might get you interested in the works of some of the composers of choral music. And if you want to venture into some larger scale choral works which still work for smaller choruses, there are a number of fine recordings of the Faure and Durufle Requiems that you could buy, two of my favorite works in the genre.