Where stands the music of Chet Baker with you?

I could say much from my own thoughts, but if you give a damn about this subject, I would like to hear of your own thoughts and listening history on the music of Chet Baker.

Please no cliche', "he is no Miles Davis" non-self thought.

And no need to apoligize for being black or white...another Jazz cliche'.
whatjd
Unsound,
Yes I`m referring to Chet when he`s at his best and his chops were in good form.

Slothman,
I have more Miles Davis recordings than Chet Baker but still enjoy both of them very much.
Thanks to all for your thoughts. The thread reads like the man's life, sucess and failure on a major scale, or is that minor key?
Whether you care for him or not, his "almost blue", will get to anyone, that ever had a lost love, and haven't we all? It's on youtube.
Let's remember Chet as THE primary trumpet player of the West Coast/Cool jazz movement. I wouldn't bother comparing him to east coast/ hard bop guys. A very talented player - not perfect, by why knock him? I wish I could walk into a club and see a player half as talented as him on any given night - most of us cannot.
Love pretty much all his music, singing and playing. I even took singing lessons back in the days, learned the jazz classics and tried to sound like him. Bit less into him now that I have shacken off the existentialist blues of my 20s, have two kids, own a minivan, house in the suburbs and mortage, but still fond memories. Some favorites are: almost blue, my funny valentine, my foolish heart, sad walk, you don't know what love is. All priceless stuff.