Chicks With Guitars

Their poppin out of the woodwork! I love them, many others here do to. It seems there are often side discussions on this topic in the "best of" threads but I don't recall a dedicated spot for these lovely ladies. Hope to pick up a few new artists to listen to and maybe offer up a few to y'all.

List your chick with guitar favorites here:

A few to kick it off....

Laura Marling
Martha Tilston
Emily Jane White
Sharon Van Etten
Marissa Nadler
Caroline Herring
Rachel Harrington
Sara Jaffe
Tyler, the Creator...ok, I just slipped that one in to see if anyone would notice...

I could go on and on but these are some good ones I thought would be a decent start.
richard_stacy
Another comes to mind...Amelia Curran. Check out her 2008 album War Brides.

Lisa Hannigan too. Fans of Damien Rice will recognize her seriously sexy voice.

Again, I'm not listing chicks for their technical prowess, although many of these girls play very well, rather my list is female singer songwriters that I really enjoy as a whole. Composition, musical ability, song writing...the whole package. I do enjoy the guitar ripping chicks too but didn't want you guys to be disappointed if you sampled a couple of my recommendations and found a depressed 20 something girl hunched over a stool strumming soft chords on a beat up old nylon 6 string staring at the floor singing in a whispery voice about emptiness and despair.
Rory Block (the best female guitarist alive today IMO) for acoustic, and Sue Foley for electric are my favs!
More to discover