moody blues vs rock hall of fame

i read an article on goldmine debating their inclusion. so far they have been snubbed. as with some bands they are loved or hated. they did have some rather iffy songs but i think they should be in. btw i am 58 and grew up listening to them, still like them and thought some people here would have some interesting opinions.i vote "in"
hotmailjbc
Their first 6 or 7 albums are some of the best music ever made, by anyone. They should have been in the hall of fame back in 72 IMO. But something tells me they (the band) don't give a rats ass about that kind of thing. They love music and it shows in all their work and their performances. I am a life long fan and have seen them in concert here in Canada pretty well every year since 1982. I would rather them come out with a new album (its been about 8-9 years since 'December' came out) than worry about them being inducted into the hall of fame.
"Their first 6 or 7 albums are some of the best music ever made, by anyone."

I don't like to throw around the word "best" much, but I'll agree that they hold their own up there with me and I have listened to a lot of different music in most every genre over the years. They are a most distinctive, ambitious and highly innovative (at the time) collection of works the themes of which have aged quite well. Nothing else out there even slightly resembles this body of work as a whole, for better or for worse.
interesting comments,, my 80 year old father has their greatest hits cd in his car 24/7 and knows little about rock music which i think is cool. the opening few bars of ride my seesaw is a real favorite
The 70s without the Moody Blues? I can’t even imagine that. Hell, it wouldn’t have been the 70s without them.
I remember an watching an interview with Graham Edge (drummer). He said a middle aged woman told him about the time she and her teenage daughter were not doing too well relationship wise (ah, teenagers). One day when she was downstairs, she heard her daughter playing some music up in her room. It sounded good. She went up and asked her what she was playing. She said "It's a Moody Blues album". The mother went up into the attic, dusted off some of "her" old MB's and brought them down to show her. They played them and formed a connection that stayed.

There's a DVD called "Legend of a Band". It's all about them and their history. Check it out if you haven't already.

Surprise for me was after years of hearing "Go Now" on various oldies stations, I did not know it was them singing it.