Song covers that are better than the originals

I was listening to Billy Idol's cover of LA Woman, and I thought to myself that his version is way better than the original. So I thought I'd post a few covers that I enjoy more than the originals and see what others can add. My top five in no particular order:

LA Woman - Billy Idol
Just a Gigolo - David Lee Roth
Feelin Alright - Joe Cocker
Roll Over Beethoven - The Beatles
MacArthur Park - Donna Summer
slanski62
Yes Albert I am a big Doors fan and their LA woman is terrific!

I like Billy Idol too but not as much...

;^D
In the seasonal spirit I recommend Jaymz Bee and the Royal Jelly Orchestra's "A Christmas Cocktail". Jazz/Lounge/Weird versions of familiar and not so familiar Christmas songs. A real hoot, with some great playing, good sound.

Not sure I can get on board with covers of Hendrix or the Doors. Jim got a pardon on his (not really) indecent exposure charge in Florida this week!

I do prefer the Neville Brothers take on "Fly Like an Eagle". Note to purists, Steve Miller plays on this version.

Alternate versions that may not really be better, just a whole lot of fun can be found by Hayseed Dixie. You just have to hear these bluegrass versions of songs like "Walk this Way", "Fat Bottom Girls", "War Pigs" and even "Big Bottom". Fun live band that irresponsibly encourages heavy drinking!

Then there is "El Baile Aleman" by Chile's Senor Coconut. This most unexpected Latin/electronic album of Kraftwerk covers just has to be heard to be believed. Somehow it works, I actually like it very much.
R.E.M.'s covers of "Wichita Lineman" and "Galveston". Sadly, the latter is only available on YouTube as a snippet. While I prefer John Hartford's rendition of "Gentle on My Mind", R.E.M.'s version is much better than Glen Campbell's. Michael Stipe is a big fan of Jimmy Webb and John Hartford and R.E.M. has covered Webb in concert; I wish more of those were available on CD/vinyl.
The Doors' cover of Kurt Weill's "Alabama Song".
Gary Jules' version of "Mad World".