Music you HATE the most but once you LOVED it

Too young to die, too old to rock and roll.

When I was young I loved some music that, right now, I can not stand it anymore, like:

Mahavishnu Orchestra
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Jeff Beck: "Blow by Blow" and "Wired". Curiosly, I still listen to the Jeff Beck Group.

I hear ya folks.
jesusa0
Seals & Croft

I'll second Cat Stevens and Alan Parsons.

On the other hand, I've grown more fond of KC and the Sunshine Band, Nina Simone and Funkadelic (Maggot Brain). Ha!
Jeff
Well, you made things interesting by asking about "music that I now hate, that I used to love". (With the "used to love" bit making it pretty impossible for me to think of any music that falls into that category. If I loved some music before, I still at least like it, or tolerate it in the very worst cases. And any music that I actually hate, I don't think I ever liked, but perhaps I tolerated it. (i.e. Tolerating meaning that I wouldn't turn it off if it came on the radio.)

However, if you had said music that I now dislike, that I used to like, I can think of a few examples, including:

Foreigner
Styx
Jackson Browne
(Basically any of those bland '70s and '80's bands)

PS So Tan43,
Since you mentioned that you now hate "Disco", (which given the question means that you used to "LOVE" it), I am afraid that as a member of the Audiophile Police, we are hereby revoking your membership in the Audiophile community.
Sorry, but you gave us no choice!
Please turn in your turntable at the door on your way out!
;-)
I think that as youthful idealism fades out with age, musical tastes for things like Jackson Browne and Cat Stevens and a lot of old hippy-like ideals tends to fade as well.

Its something worth trying to hold onto though. Idealism beats cynicism any day in my book! After all, not all hippies turned out to be superficial phonies, right?

A little cynicism to temper the idealism is usually a good idea too.

So no reason to categorically reject any kind of music in my mind. We need it all, like yin and yang.

Peace!

Glad nobody has listed "The Moody Blues", at least not yet.

Love Alan Parson's more than ever!
"Another Side of Bob Dylan," "The Times They Are a-Changin'," and most of Mr. Zimmerman's catalogue post "Blood on the Tracks."