Remember the Electric Light Orchestra

Anyone on this forum remember ELO? I have all of their original albums from the 70's and 80's but they are starting to show a little wear from play... Wonder why they have not re-released their best work on good quality, heavy duty vinyl? Seriously, Jeff Lynne is a bona fide musical genius.

I'm ready to re-buy all their albums!
stickman451
Second the Move recommendation. Their Looking On album was a great one too, it marks a period, but will always be good. Recording quality might not work for some, but once the stuff has printed in your head that won't matter much. Not the most prolific band but they provided a pretty cool flavor that wasn't available anywhere else.
If you like ELO you should get the Zoom Tour DVD. IT has a killer version of Roll Over Beethoven and a cute backup singer and great band.
ELO Zoom
Rwwear,

Yes, I got the Zoom Tour DVD last year and you are right it is FANTASTIC. It's right up there with the Eagles', Hell Freezes Over concert on DVD. If you are a ELO fan you MUST get the Zoom Tour DVD.
ELO and Eagles in the same sentence does NOT compute. ELO is way cool. Eagles after Desperado is commercial swill.
Always felt that ELO got worse instead of better over time. On the Third Day and Eldorado were both really good efforts, but then their music seemed to get less interesting as they seemed to be chasing popularity. I suppose selling lots of albums and making lots of money isn't a bad thing ... They weren't the only band to evolve in that way during that period: Genesis being a notable example of the trend as well.