Remember the Electric Light Orchestra

Anyone on this forum remember ELO? I have all of their original albums from the 70's and 80's but they are starting to show a little wear from play... Wonder why they have not re-released their best work on good quality, heavy duty vinyl? Seriously, Jeff Lynne is a bona fide musical genius.

I'm ready to re-buy all their albums!
stickman451

Showing 6 responses by stickman451

Try the 'Out of the Blue' album, probably their best overall. 'A New World Record' is excellent also..
I guess that I was bored and needed something to fill the hours... :)

Just wondering why they haven't gotten around to re-releasing ELO; I mean they are constantly re-releasing so many other artists' work from the 1970's... Of course, if you don't appreciate Jeff Lynne's work, why answer the thread...
Done that already; I have at least 5 copies of 'Out of the Blue' that I purchased off of Ebay; just wondering if MFSL took a stab at these recordings what we would end up with.

The MFSL pressing of "The Cars" debut album sounds pretty darn good...
Wishbone Ash? Never heard of them, but love the name...

Who was the best, WA or ELO?
Okay then, everyone email Mofi at their website and ask them to contact Jeff or whomever owns the rights to the original master tapes and lets get some re-issues!!!

Elizabeth, I have to say that the ELO Eldorado album cover is probably my favorite of all time....close behind in second would be the cover on Nirvana's 'NeverMind'....
Rwwear,

Yes, I got the Zoom Tour DVD last year and you are right it is FANTASTIC. It's right up there with the Eagles', Hell Freezes Over concert on DVD. If you are a ELO fan you MUST get the Zoom Tour DVD.