What am I missing? Americana?

I have really been enjoying certain types of recordings, Ryan Adams "Heart Breaker and Bright Eyes "I'm wide awake it's morning", for example.

Can you guys help recommend similar type recordings?
buck502000
If you really like Ryan Adams' "Heartbreaker," I'd suggest you pick up "Demolition," which is nothing at all like his first solo effort, but a damn good record, "Love is Hell," a fabulous Ryan Adams disc that the label didn't know what to do with, and two records he made with his band The Cardinals: "Cold Roses" and "Jacksonville City Nights."
If you should happen to fall for all of these -- and you well might, as the guy is a sometimes brilliant songwriter -- "Gold" is a glorious record from start to finish. It came right after "Heartbreaker," and was a total change in that it was often poppier than hell.
I had the great good fortune of seeing Adams a couple of times back in the day, and he's a truly rare talent.
I recommend The Volebeats, and I must commend this thread for mentioning the Vulgar Boatmen AND the Silos, and coincidentally containing posts by one "waltersalas".

Yes, it is a coincidence. I'm just a big fan, not the singer/songwriting genuis Walter Salas-Humara.

Can't recommend those Silos albums strongly enough, especially "Cuba," "Heater," and the eponymous album.