Who Are the Best Young Lions of Jazz Today?

The Wynton Marsalis thread got me to thinking. Some consider him the best jazz artist today. I actually don't know who the best jazz artist is today or who the best jazz artists are since I'm steeped in the past listening to Hard Bop like a mad man. The jazz I love, the musicians I love, the heroes and gods for me are guys like Miles, Monk, Sonny Rollins, Coltrane, Joe Henderson, Horace Silvers, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Fredie Hubbard, Dexter Gordon, Bill Evans, Lee Morgan, Hank Mobley and others. My wife gets aggravated since I repeatedly play these giants.

I don't pay much attention to contemporary / modern jazz artists with the exception of John Scofield, Jean-Luc Ponty, and Pat Metheny, all who I've seen multiple times and love.

I've listened to Roy Hargrove, Christian McBride and have enjoyed their work. I've heard a little of Marsalis.

Who are the best of the Young Lions of Jazz? I know Marsalis is "in the conversation."
foster_9
Chazro...“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”

“A man is getting along on the road to wisdom when he begins to realize that his opinion is just an opinion.”

You do not have to agree, But don't say they are not as

gifted or talented as the list, that Foster 9, the Forum

Poster started.

Especially, if you have Never witnessed them perform.

I LOVE MY MUSIC!

James Carter is all of forty-one years old. He's a younger lion than I am. Growl...
BJ - You're misunderstanding me, I never said they weren't gifted or talented. Many of the artists you listed are favorites of mine also, and I HAVE seen quite a few of them in person. My point is that 85-95% of those listed have been making music for a loooong time, 3-5 decades! Perhaps we disagree on the definition of the term; 'young lion'.
Bill Charlap

Of all the pianists I've heard since Bill Evans, Charlap is the one who most excites me. Has two trios - Bill Chalap Trio and New York Trio - and also plays with a lot of other leading players and singers as he is in much demand.

To me he is a throwback in that he almost exclusively plays jazz standards. There is a thoughtfulness and nuance to his improv that reminds me of Evans, though without the melancholy of Evans,