Taylor Swift

I'll probably get kicked out of this place but I bought the Taylor Swifts album. All original songs and performed really well. The CD is a tad compressed but her voice is predominant and clear. She sounds almost like Jewel but with songs that have very young theme (young love mostly). I'm an old geezer but I liked it. I'm going to take it over to my stereo buddy and see what he says.
Thanx, Russ
128x128russ69
You mean Taylor Swift is not going to save the world with each and every performance? If not, how can we find *anything* redeemable in her as a performer and entertainer - or a person for that matter? I bet she's a witch...Burn her!

Can't wait for the next Lady Gaga release (or the next Lady Gaga).

Is she my cup of tea? Nope. However, my kids love her, and for that alone I'm going to embrace her and foster my kids love of music. She writes some nice songs. People have some emotional connection with her and her words.

On a slightly-related tangent, I can still hear my father refer to the Beatles as "that long-hair music". We'll...it wasn't that long ago (I think he said it again this past Christmas). Viva la Andrews' Sisters!!!

My 4-year-old and I watched Taylor Swift perform with Def Leppard on some hi-def music channel. She turned to me and asked, "Who are those old guys?" Those old guys used to (and still do) rock your dad's face.
Seeburk is right. Alicia Keys would eat her for lunch. Marketing pure and simple. Usually when a female singer is as mediocre as Taylor Swift is, they're at least easy on the eye--e.g., Jennifer Lopez. And come to think of it, Jennifer Lopez is at least a half way decent actress, and in fact, has terrific comedic timing--witness her performance on SNL this past week. But Taylor Swift is a junk bond. I'd feel sorry for her if she weren't raking in the dough. But that's a career that's bound to end badly, and sadly.
Stewie, "But that's a career that's bound to end badly, and sadly."

I think the young woman's vocal skills are limited. I don't see the basis for your statement.

Wendell
"I think the young woman's vocal skills are limited. I don't see the basis for your statement."

Probably just wishful thinking on my part. And in fact, given my take on American musical taste, her limited vocal skills and unlimited marketing will probably give her all the legs she'll need. I was just thinking of flashes-in-the-pan types like Billy Ray Cyrus (while we're in the country genre), who are little more than this year's cabbage patch dolls. I think she's that bad, but it finally comes down to preferences, I realize.
What I can say, if you made every recording artist's contracts invalid and open for new contract's, she would be in the Top 5 of everybody's list at the moment. Very respected from a label, creative talent agent, live book agent perspective. She has a buzz factor second to none, and will have a future that represents a solid 15 million records shifted. Few people offer that.