Your First Vinyl Album.

What was your first vinyl purchase? I'm not talking about kiddie records but the first serious album you bought as a teenager. For me it was The Rolling Stones...Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass). This album was key in my making the transition from bubble gum to rock n' roll. It's still a good album.
hazard
Dave Clark Five's "Glad All Over"

Iron Butterfly's "In A Gadda Da Vida" worth a mention as No.2
My grandmother and I walked to the music store about a mile from my childhood home I was about 8 or 9 yrs old. I bought "The Best of Bread" LP, it must have been 1971 or so. She liked music also. We would go there when she came to town, just her and I. She passed 4 years later when she was 84. Found memories indeed.
"Meet The Beatles" I was 6 years old and crazy about the Beatles.Then I heard The Stones cover of "Little Red Rooster" and all of a sudden "I Want To Hold Your Hand" seemed so lame!!!!!!!!
Mom bought it for me in 3rd grade "Best of Herman's Hermits".

FIRST I ACTUALLY BOUGHT?

Might have been "Incense and Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock - released IIRC a couple of years later, but I can't swear to that.

Purchases were at Sam Goody's in The Garden State Mall @ $2.79 per - the standard for LPs for many years.

Marty