any new Beatle fans because of the remasters?

gotta admit that the beatles were never really my cup of tea. they were a little before my time but i do remember my older sisters jamming to them when i was very young. thought they were ok and liked a few of their cuts but was never really a fan. i did have a huge amount of respect for them but never really "liked" their music.

all this remaster talk got me to try a couple of the discs recently (white album and revolver). couldn't believe how much i enjoyed them!. maybe i never gave them a chance in the first place?. maybe my tastes have matured/changed?. maybe the recording sound alot better??. most likely it's a combo of all of the above. regardless....i'm really "liking" them now. defiantly gonna buy a few more or maybe even the box set.

better late then never

anyone else a new fan?
levy03
Why does Chashmal respond to this post? You've repeatedly stated your opinion of the Beatles elsewhere on this site. If anything, you're beating it to death. What is the purpose of you posting here?

Cyclonicman, living through the period would add to your understanding of the Beatles phenomena, but it could just as easily bias you towards the significance of their music. If they produced great music, and I think they frequently did, then it should be recognizable as such with the passage of time.
It wasn't only the music, it was an entire cultural movement. I lived through it, and in my opinion, some of these posts are obviously from people that don't know what they are talking about. It's like some 14 year old trying to explain WWII to a veteran that was there! No one needs to defend the Beatles, their place in history is already established.
No doubt.

Chasmal, you WILL be converted and sing the praises of the Beatles (and McCartney too) before its all over.....there is no other way!
Cyclonicman,

Please don't presume to speak for an entire generation. I was there and actively listening to and collecting the current artists. There was so much talent and good music available The Beatles only rated two albums in my collection and they did not get much play. Beatles--music and historical impact overrated to the max.
One must understand that the curmudgeon must raise its head from time to time to catch some air.
Levy03,
I'm afraid you've unwittingly given them another opportunity.
IMO: Your original post was more than reasonable but seems its been sabotaged.