Is this Normal? Zeppelin IV LP sounds horrible

I picked up a copy of Zeppelin IV, one of my favorites. I decided to get an LP copy. I am sad to say that this pressing is honestly one of the worse recordings I have ever heard! Zeppelin stuff is never that "clean" but this is a damn shame. The record is "Near Mint" to "Mint" condition, and I am being conservative. I am curious if anyone has had experience with this pressing, and if someone could direct me to a more "ear friendly" pressing of this timeless classic. { And Yes, I already own the CD }.

Here are the details:
*Altantic.
*green, white stripe, and red label
*KSD-19129
*DIST WEA Canada
*Published by Superhype Music Inc ASCAP
*ST-A-712286
*the inscription on side B says
11/29/79 KSD19129 B#5 XD
*the inscription on side A says
KSD19129 A#4

So lets hear it, vinyl experts.
dfelkai
I recently bought a copy of Houses of The Holy with a SMAS prefix.That would be a Capitol Record Club issue.On the back it's printed "sold under license from Atlantic Recording Corporation". The front cover is stickered with the Band name and title,plus track listing.I also of course have original atlantic pressing of this LP.A friend brought over "Mothership" on vinyl.Which struck me as clean,yet a bit lifeless.The Record club issue is much cleaner sounding then the original press.My friend was amazed that even he,a non audiophile,could clearly perceive the sonic differences.So getting back to Zep IV.I have The original (poor sonics} RCA record club{even worse} and just purchased a Capitol Record Club on eBay which sounds somewhere between the other two a bit closer to the Atlantic.I have I,II and IV on pre-recorded reel to reel.II is vastly better on reel,as is IV so I wonder why most vinyl on this is poor.LZ I ,i have not gotten around to playing on reel.These are to me only sonic curiousities,as I am no fan of the band.Odd that a band so popular would be so poorly represented sonically.Any comments on quality of their singles?Somewhere I think I have two of them,but God only knows where they are.
I have em all origs reissues classic 1-4 mothership is vastly superior in every facet dont waste your cash on crap get it n roc da house
I am with you, I want to get my hands on the re-issue (classic) and burn this M.F. Down!
The whole albumn on every release is made on a master that is very much intended to sound distorted. Extreme distortion was the mission for this albumn and so you simply failed to do your homework. Evidently you don't have the insert that reminds you to smoke a substance rarely herd of in the sisal family of plant genera until not feeling quite right. It should then be followed by eating so much food that you become nauseated. It was meant to be an art dynamic which involves listeners do as instructed. Otherwise it has no meaning and you are not going to understand the sonic element out context. All published versions require that you do your part. Some even recommend using equipment that is almost in need of repair and will enhance the distortion and always put the volume on 11 or twist it beyond the minimum attenuation. This makes the distortion very pronounced and as long as the blown speakers which you must buy at a thrift shop make sound you will get the point.
Everything from a lousy cover band version to Capitol's test pressing gifts to the producers, the very first A1 A1 hot stampers, all achieve the same important milestone in the cutting edge of creative musical art.