The old timers give the young'ns tips on the 60s.

I love the music of the 60s...it was such a magic time musically. Unfortunately I wasn't born yet. Of course, we young'ns know about the greats....CSN, Jefferson Airplane The Doors, Neil Young, CCR, the obvious ones...but it took me awhile to find Moby Grape, Richie Havens or Nick Drake. How about some tips of some great sixities music that somehow has dropped off the radar.
issabre
try Mountain, Yardbirds,for rock, for pop, Bobby Fuller four,Dave Clark Five,Mcoys with Rick Derringer
Garland Jeffreys - "Ghost Writer" if you can find it, or the latest compilation which has most of the songs from that album on it. New York rock and R & B, great !
Off the radar... at least not mentioned yet: Sir Douglas Quintet, Sandy Bull, Harvey Mandel, The Animals, Them, West Coast Experimental Pop Art Band (saw them live with The Mothers of Invention), Ian & Sylvia, Country Joe and the Fish, Moody Blues...
My top 3: Beatles, Beach Boys and Doors...in that order - for me.

Some groups off the top of my head:

Airplane, Cream, Frigid Pink, Blue Cheer, Steppenwolf, Yardbirds, DC5, Kinks, Beau Brummels, Neil Young, Hermans Hermits, Animals, Hendrix, Butterfly, Blind Faith, Who, Canned Heat, Donovan, Zeppelin, Blues Magoos, Chambers Brothers, Standells, Grassroots, Association, Great Society (pre Airplane), Status Quo (I think they were in the 60's), Sabbath (pre first album).....
"Cheap Thrills" (Janis Joplin, Big Brother and the Holding Company) - a defining 60's album - (and of course the Beatles White Album and Sgt. Peppers)