Best Diana Krall album...........is???

I don't own a single Diana Krall album. Any suggestions on where to begin?
128x128rja
My vote: Love Scenes. I have a bunch of her CD's/SACD's as well but am really not that big a fan. I think the reason she is so popular here is because she records well. Her discs sound good on a bad system and on a great system she is right there in the room. It's funny how a really good recording can help you overlook a somewhat mediocre musical performance. I think she has a really affected singing style that grates over time. Love Scenes is the least over the top in this regard and the trio arrangement (bass, piano and guitar) tend to deemphasize the schmaltz factor that I detect on many of her albums. If I were you I'd buy one disc at a time so you can be sure you dig her.
I have all the albums too...

I think she is a great player and a fine performer (seen her live a few times) and I like her take on the chestnuts as well as her new material. Her band is probably the best trio playing today - all very gifted.

Girl In The Other Room and Live In Paris are the CDs. The concert at the Montreal Jazz Festival is a great DVD - so is Live In Paris but its a different set then is on the CD.

BTW I use some of her tracks for reference - very well recorded as noted

Enjoy
Great responses -- I second Live in Paris and The Girl in the Other Room. A third is Stepping Out which has some of my favorite tracks.