My new CDP does SACD too....

I have no intention of building an SACD collection...nor did SACD play any role in the selection of my new player..but, since I have it, I would like to get a couple discs...for the fun of it.

If you were to pick, say, THREE, SACD's, one of which has to be claissical, what would you recommend?

My musical interests are almost everything except, POP, popular Country and Christian...

Thanks for you help...

BTW - New player is the Cary 306 Pro.
jb8312
For fun I bought for my Pioneer DV-AX10,

CCR - The Concert
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Blvd., Slow Hand.
For the classical SACD I would highly recommend the Mozart Violin Concertos with Marianne Thorsen and Trondheim Solistene from 2L recordings out of Norway. My other non-classical favourites would be Frankie Goes to Hollywood Rage Hard-The Sonic Collection and Genesis Invisible Touch. But my absolute favourite SACD's, which would bring you over your three starting ones, are the entire Depeche Mode catalog (12 hybrid SACDs) starting at Speak & Spell and ending at Playing the Angel. They are not available in North America. I had to import all these hybrid SACDs from Europe. Enjoy!
T-bone, that Bis recording you mentioned is a terrific one. As a rule, the SACDs on that label are very good, as are most of the Telarcs. I forgot to mention the Ondine label, which does recordings of both the Philadelphia (live concert recordings)and Minnesota orchestras. There is a recording on that label of the Philadelphia Orchestra with Olivier Latry on organ playing the Barber Toccata, Poulenc Organ Concerto and Saint-Saens Organ Symphony that is excellent, and if you have a true full range system it will give you just about the most bass in the last octave (down to 16 Hz) that I've ever heard on disc.
AKUS Live - expensive but one of THE best SACD's
Dolly Parton - Little Sparrow, underappreciated gem
O Brother Soundtrack - probably hard to find but very good