Leon Russell

I've just been listening to "Carney". It's a favorite album of mine because of the sensitivity and genius of Leon Russell. Does anybody else feel the same about him?
macrojack
Love Leon.Saw him live twice in the early 70s with his revue style show which included Furry Lewis and Freddie King.Two absolute giants of the blues.I listen to Carney fairly regular,though my favorite is the first Shelter LP.Stop all That Jazz certainly merits play,The Cover likely would not fly in the modern world.Oddly it is reminescent of an Anna Russell jacket from (the 50s)?Hank Wilson's Back(Vol. 1 )with the fabulous guitar work of Billy Byrd is also totally outstanding.Just picked up a mint Billy Byrd LP in a thrift store.Gold Warner Bros label(Stereo issues 65-66) with an unbelievable soundstage.Leon certainly can play many styles and bring realism to them all.
I'm a huge Leon fan. Some of his best work was with Delaney & Bonnie, give a listen to "Motel Shot". Otherwise, "Carney" & "Leon Live" rate my favorites.
Yep, always had a soft spot for Leon. He still gets up to my area once a year for a show (Kent State Univ. - Ohio). This Masquerade, still gets me.
EMI-Capitol put out a half way decent budget Best Of cd.