New miles davis cd.... wow

Just wondering what is wrong with my miles davis kinda blue cd. I just bought it tonight and was looking forward to some good listening. It sounds like a broken record or maybe one that is warped. Did i get a bad cd or is this thing just recorded that badly. I had to put in a Dave Grusin cd just to make sure my equipment was ok. It really sounds terrible. Lots of hissing in the background. I cant stand it. lmk asap Kevin
flyin2jz
I have three CDs of KOB and, allowing for modest tape hiss they all sound REALLY good This was an outstanding recording, and not just for the time. Yours may very well be defective. Dave
for the recording of that time it is excellent. you probably have a defective cd. It should sound good.
I own the Columbia/Legacy version of KOB # CK 64935. It is a "Super Bit Mapping" remaster. The remixed tape was done on an "All tube three track Presto much like the one used for the original recording".

It is a phenomenal sounding CD.....

(....I can't believe I just said that)
I have it as part of the Miles and Coltrane Complete Columbia Recordings box set and it sounds great. I also have one cut from it on an SACD sampler and it sounds great. Seems to me you got one of the poor reissues.