New miles davis cd.... wow

Just wondering what is wrong with my miles davis kinda blue cd. I just bought it tonight and was looking forward to some good listening. It sounds like a broken record or maybe one that is warped. Did i get a bad cd or is this thing just recorded that badly. I had to put in a Dave Grusin cd just to make sure my equipment was ok. It really sounds terrible. Lots of hissing in the background. I cant stand it. lmk asap Kevin
flyin2jz
for the recording of that time it is excellent. you probably have a defective cd. It should sound good.
I own the Columbia/Legacy version of KOB # CK 64935. It is a "Super Bit Mapping" remaster. The remixed tape was done on an "All tube three track Presto much like the one used for the original recording".

It is a phenomenal sounding CD.....

(....I can't believe I just said that)
I have it as part of the Miles and Coltrane Complete Columbia Recordings box set and it sounds great. I also have one cut from it on an SACD sampler and it sounds great. Seems to me you got one of the poor reissues.
yea i think i may have gotten a bad one. it ssays on the cover remixed from 3 tube equipment. The disc itself says 360 surround, yea with hissing and terrible sound. I will go get another one and see. thanks for the info