'they blew'em off the stage'

what concerts have you attended, where the warm up act blew the headliners away.....my examples...brownville station upstaging zz top to the point where people where chanting 'brownsville station!' during the littl ol' band from texas' set.....another..t.rex upstaging lynyrd skynyrd(yes there really was such a show), and the grass roots upstaging cream.
jaybo
Steve Morse Band opening for Rush Worcester, MA 1985(?) for the Power Windows tour.

Morse and Co. did a version of Dazed and Confused from the second half, the instrumental section, that nailed absolutely every note and nuance of Pages studio version solo, simply frightening and scary as I remember. Totally unexpected and the audience was in shock.

Rush was good but they didn't top that one that night.

Please tell me there were others that were also at that same show.
1968....minneapolis armory...a local band-white lightning-opened for creedence clearwater revival. first time i had heard them. creedence played 2 25 minute semi-psych droners. white lightning had the flair and dash of the early who along with a singer who could do a pretty good jim morrison....no contest
"Blown off the stage" is too strong but a couple years ago Susan Tedeschi followed by Koko Taylor and Buddy Guy. Buddy is still an amazing guitarist but they both brought Susan back on stage for duets and virtually passed the torch.

The oddest double bill was Joe Cocker and SRV. Completely different styles. Cocker had Ray Charles-like precision while I doubt SRV ever played a song the same way twice. Still, the best concert ever. That was the last road trip for SRV.
Hey my uncle took me to see Boots Randolph, Chet Atkins and Rosemary Clooney at WolfTrap in 1975. Never mind.
Allman Brothers opening for The Nice (Keith Emerson et. al.)at The Boston Tea Party c.1969.

Best "odd matching concert": at the Orpheum in Boston c.1970 w/Steve Marcus, Capt. Beefheart, and the NY Dolls sharing the same bill (they blew each other off stage??)