Jackson Browne CD's

One of my all time favorite albums ever is Jackson Browne's "For Everyman". I literally wore out my LP back in the day. But now the CD version's overall sound quality and fidelity is down right awful. Horrible sound. Does anyone know or may have heard if this CD will be digitally remastered in 24 bitstream or perhaps in HDCD? I don't have an SACD capable player so that won't work. I am unable to find out any info on the net. Jackson's two more recent CD's (I'm Alive and Naked Ride Home) sound fantastic. No comparison. Any info would be appreciated. I know it's a long shot.
pdn
I was just thinking about this post. I have the original LP issue of Late for the Sky. Very Good sonics however I wore it out and purchased a subsequent lp copy. Terrible. I had the same reaction to the cd issued by Elektra. My remastered (Mobile I think but will have to check) CD is quite nice though. The greatest hits sounds are much better than the Elektra CD.

The Running On Empty reissue CD last year sounded good though.

Richard Bischoff
A few of His cds were remastered on the DCC Gold discs I have Late for the Sky and the Pretender not sure if for everyman was also done on DCC, they are great versions. All out of print I think so check around. The solo acoustic vol 1 is a fantastic disk.
I'm a huge fan. There are two different CD releases--the originals and those remastered by Joe Gaswirt at Oceanview Digital. The Gastwirt remasters are the ones to get. He has done a lot of remastering of artists in this genre (Karla Bonoff's debut, Greatful Dead, etc) and the sound is pretty good. The early Jackson Browne recordings are very poor quality--muddy, rolled off on the top end and lacking dynamics. The LP's really don't sound very good at all. As they say, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but he has done a pretty good job with what are clearly pretty dismal tapes. The Pretender was really the best sounding record JB put out and the MOFI LP is pretty darn good (I own this one). Saturate, For Everyman and Late for the Sky are far below the Pretender in sound quality but the Gastwirt remastered versions get you pretty close.
Wow, all great replies and excellent information. Yes Leigh, "Late for the Sky" is right up there too, perhaps my 2nd favorite of early JB. But unfortunatley poor CD sound. Dodgealum: I just went to Joe Gastwirt's home page. Would I purchase these directly from him? If not, how can I obtain his remastered early JB CD's? I want to pursue that right away. I'll send him an e-mail and inquire. Rbischoff: Are you saying you have a digitally remastered "Late for the Sky" CD with good sound? Thanks eveyrone.
I had no idea until this morning that there are newly-remastered (01/2008) versions available from the usual retailers, etc. Amazon, BestBuy, and the like are all listing practically the entire early catalog as recent remaster releases. I can't tell you (yet) how good any of these is but I do know I'll try to hit a couple of stores on the way home this afternoon to see if there are any available.

"Late for the Sky" has always been one of the greatest and most frustrating CD's I've ever owned. I darned near played right through the album way back when and have had to live with the compromise of LFTS on CD ever since.

Thanks for starting this thread, Pdn, 'cause otherwise I wouldn't have gone looking and found out about all the remasters out now.